97 v6-97-v8

Cydsho86
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey everyone I just joined this forum to get some answers, as a long time ford fan I've come to love my tbirds. I have a 97 t bird with the v6, I just picked up another 97 tbird but with the v8, it was rolled but still runs and drives roofs just smashed, I do have the tools and the space to do the swap, I know, I know, the engine harness, engine, trans. Trans harness, ecm, and trans computer all have to be switched, and i believe the booster\master and the battery lines, the dash is exactly the same on both cars, so my questions is and it' kinda a doozy (I live in illinios btw)

Is it legal to swap my v8 setup into the v6 legally, both cars came stock from factory with both setups so I shouldnt have a epa or emission problems and I've talked to my insurance that says there could be an extra charge to insure the car best it would be a custom, if the car is legal in this state.(not concerned about insurance)

Question is can I do this legally in illinios? Any and all help with this matter would be appreciated as my v6 tbird was garage kept and only has 44k on it and is pretty much immaculate.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

QUESTION:: can I swap my 97 3.8 overdrive trans with a 97 6.4 non-overdrive trans

revision question:: can i replace a 97 6.4 non-overdrive trans with a 97 3.8 overdrive trans

Back