67 turn signal switch.

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diehl1881
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey guys,

hopefully someone can help me out with this. Ive been trying to get my blinkers to work for awhile now and have come to the conclusion it must be the switch in the steering column. I know that the part number for the switch in the 67 is C7SZ-13341-F or C7SZ-13341-E depending on if there is cruise control or not or if there is a tilt away or not but my question is will a switch from a 67 mustang or cougar work just the same (Part number C7ZZ-13341-F or C7ZZ-13341-E). My car does have cruise control and a tilt away wheel although the wheel no longer locks in place and im not sure if the cruise works or not and honestly neither of those things matter much to me as long as I can get the lights working. Any help or info anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I'd be interested as well. My signals work but they don't cancel automatically. I need to hold the right signal on and left stays on unless I turn it off. My four way flashers don't work either. My car does not have cruise control

I have a complete tilt steering column with cruise for a 1967 TBird. It is complete except steering wheel.

Would you be willing to just part with the switch or would you only sell it as a whole?

At this moment I don't think there are any listings for the -67. I tried to repair the old one on my -68 several times, worked for some days/weeks and then again trouble with the sequential system....first after putting in a new switch I got it perfect working .

At this moment I don't think there are any listings for the -67. I tried to repair the old one on my -68 several times, worked for some days/weeks and then again trouble with the sequential system....first after putting in a new switch I got it perfect working .
Thanks, I'll keep looking. My problem is my brake lights, and tilt away steering quit working. My shop thinks it's in the switch wiring. Ebay does have a new column with switch wired, for $240, I will probably go that route if I can't just find the switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have the shop manual. Its all explained there. Tilt away is both electric and vacuum driven. Did your brake lights and tilt away quit at the same time ? If so, it must be a electric problem as the tilt away solenoid does not get power. Sequential turn lights work okay both ways and all the bulbs ?

Yes, the brake lights and tilt quit around the same time. Everything else works great. I was going to address the brake lights first and then get around to the tilt away, but after I found out the brake lights ran through that switch: I hope it is the same issue. I didn't expect it to be so hard to find that switch.

I resolved my no brake lights issue about 2 weeks ago. Do not know if 67 is same as my 69. Cougars Unlimited were a great help for me in diagnosing my no brake light issue. My problem was in the plastic cam piece of the turn signal were the brake lights gets it`s power source. I was lucky to find a salvage yard here in Calhan, Colorado that had a 69 and 68 Tbird. Both switches were in better shape than mine so I used the better one and cut and rewired it in. Brake lights work great now. Call the guy at Cougars Unlimited. From my conversations with him he did not indicate that power to tilt away steering went through the turn signal cam just power for turn signals, brakes and flashers. I will look at elec diagrams I have for my 69 and see were power for tilt away comes from.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I don't think the Cougar parts work. I've had two 67's (one with tilt away) a 79' and I still have the 35th anniversary 2002. My sister still has her 69' convertible , my brother had a 68 and other sister had a 72. We are Cougar freaks, Thanks for keeping the Cats alive!

Beautiful Tbird you have. Can you tell me where I could get those type of rims or are they hub caps?

Thanks, they are wheels. I've only seen them on some Mustangs from about 15- 20 years back. I have to use spacers (18"), but I love em'

Yes gives it the old school look. Let me know what you find out about your brake lights. I am always looking to learn more about these years of Thunderbirds. Like: mine was made after a certain month in 69` so I have a small circuit board in the trunk by the back seat for the brakes, sequential turn signals, and flashers. But I still have the little flashers pods for turn and hazard behind the dash. I have bad master window switches. Do you know anyone company or place I can get new, used or have it rebuilt?

Thanks for the info. I will keep you posted. The last place I use to orders those parts from, I think was named Johns Cougar Central? I think they were out of Michigan? They were the best, back before the internet days. I'n not sure if they are still around. Good Luck

I'd be interested as well. My signals work but they don't cancel automatically. I need to hold the right signal on and left stays on unless I turn it off. My four way flashers don't work either. My car does not have cruise control
There's a plastic piece that your turn signal arm attaches to in the steering column behind the steering wheel. You have to take off the steering wheel usually with a puller and the plastic turn signal switch is attached under it with a couple screws. I t's not too hard of a job . Should be a YouTube video about it

While you have the steering wheel off replace the 4 way flasher button on right side of steering column

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have a complete steering column with cruise for 1967 Thunderbird, if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back