66 landau lost all power

Yikes!! Assume you have checked the battery with a voltmeter? Also check the connectors to the battery posts for corrosion. Clean up the posts and connectors with sand paper/wire brush. Also check the battery ground connection to the engine block, if this is loose you can lose power. Then check to see whether you have power to the fuse box. Somewhere along this route you have a problem

All ground wires have been replaced new solenoid new battery cables power going to fuse box after the fuseable link but no power at fuse box

When you post to the forum, you need to pick a better subject than 66 landau, which could mean anything.

I've updated for you to 66 landau lost all power.
summary-of-post.jpg

That’s extraordinary! Are you sure the battery is properly grounded at the engine block. I assume you have tested the headlamps and other accessories that do not require the ignition to be on?

Lost all electrical power
Follow the electrical path from the battery until it is dead using an ice pick and or voltmeter.
good luck, J.

That’s extraordinary! Are you sure the battery is properly grounded at the engine block. I assume you have tested the headlamps and other accessories that do not require the ignition to be on?
The battery is grounded everything has been checked

I gotta ask - Are you sure you did not hook up the battery backward? Are we sure the battery is good?

All power? WOW -there has to be a short or something. does it carry voltage down to the starter? do you see it at the starter relay? You will have to trace the electricity from the battery to all the ignition points - what about fuses, I assume no power there?

I work in IT so here goes:
Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again? Oh okay, unplug it - hold the power button for 10 seconds - and plug it back in - did that work? :)

I gotta ask - Are you sure you did not hook up the battery backward? Are we sure the battery is good?

All power? WOW -there has to be a short or something. does it carry voltage down to the starter? do you see it at the starter relay? You will have to trace the electricity from the battery to all the ignition points - what about fuses, I assume no power there?

I work in IT so here goes:
Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again? Oh okay, unplug it - hold the power button for 10 seconds - and plug it back in - did that work? :)
Everything is hook up correctly power going to starter and solenoid but nothing in fuse box

All ground wires have been replaced new solenoid new battery cables power going to fuse box after the fuseable link but no power at fuse box

So If I read this correctly you have power at the fuseable link and the no power at the fuse box? If that is the case then you have already found where the open is at. Make sure you are reading the output of the link not the input, that would indicate a bad link. So if there is nothing between the link and the fuse box but a wire, then that wire has opened up somehow and needs replaced.
Take Care
Ed

Back