66 front bumper on a 64

A
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Wondering if the front bumper from a 66 will fit on my 64. Just like the look better

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Wondering if the front bumper from a 66 will fit on my 64. Just like the look better
I don't know the answer. My guess is that it most likely is a little bit different but then with some possible adjustments and modifications you could make anything fit. If you happen to have a bumper handy or easy access to get one I would try to fit up and see what it looks like. You might be pleasantly surprised! I know a lot of the body sheet metal is interchangeable so... maybe the bumpers are interchangeable also. I would go for it if it's not too cost prohibitive and within my budget allowance.

Since the 64/65 used a 2 piece bumper with year specific grilles, and 66 went to the single bar I would imagine it would be cost prohibitive. The 66 used a lower valance and your fenders and hood wouldn’t line up either. Is it possible, we’ll anything I suppose can be done but somethings shouldn’t be. Just my 2 cents.

Back