64 TBird stiff brake pedal when off, super soft when on.

Thanks, I get what you're saying about why not bench bleeding may leave air in the master. For what it's worth, I've seen statements from suppliers indicating that master cylinders should not be bench bled, this one from Thunderbird Headquarters: • NOTE•• Do not bench bleed master cylinders as you will damage seals inside.

Thanks, I get what you're saying about why not bench bleeding may leave air in the master. For what it's worth, I've seen statements from suppliers indicating that master cylinders should not be bench bled, this one from Thunderbird Headquarters: • NOTE•• Do not bench bleed master cylinders as you will damage seals inside.
Well I don't know about the ones for the 64. But if you are going over to a dual reservoir master cylinder I don't understand why you wouldn't. What they say doesn't make sense as any master cylinder I got always required you to first bench bleed it before installing it on the vehicle. It's what I did with my 1969 Tbird.

I mean how are you supposed to get the air out if you don't properly bleed it? And why would there be tools specifically designed for doing just that?

Back