64 t bird problems with both vent windows

Wide glider

Wide glider

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi im having problems with both vent windows. They dont work so i took off both handles and the splines are good on the handles and the shafts turn with vise grips but windows dont move. Has anyone had this issue. Internal gears must be stripped i asume

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

When posting, please choose a meaningful subject. "64 T bird" doesn't really tell people much. I revised for you. Good luck finding a fix.

Hi im having problems with both vent windows. They dont work so i took off both handles and the splines are good on the handles and the shafts turn with vise grips but windows dont move. Has anyone had this issue. Internal gears must be stripped i asume
On my black 64 I have had similar issues I found that if I push a little on the window it aligns correctly and the windows open just fine I have not taken the time to investigate the alignment issue though.

Back