64 rear windows slow/sticking

thunder2010

thunder2010

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have an issue with the rear widow being very slow and sometimes one will stop half way without help, I have taken the panel off and sprayed down all the tracks, it helped a little but are still not very good....anyone have any other ideas I can try?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have had the same problem - only solution is to replace the motors. I can give you the name of a guy who rebuilds them, cost is $125 each compared with $250 for new.

Im in canada, I guess thats on the winter project list...lol

I have an issue with the rear widow being very slow and sometimes one will stop half way without help, I have taken the panel off and sprayed down all the tracks, it helped a little but are still not very good....anyone have any other ideas I can try?
Mm
Usually it’s a ground wire. Check all your grounds and make sure they’re secure.

you need to take the motors out and clean the old dried grease out of the gear housings and gears. put fresh grease in and they will work like new. labor intensive, but well worth the result.

I have had the same problem - only solution is to replace the motors. I can give you the name of a guy who rebuilds them, cost is $125 each compared with $250 for new.
Hello, My 61 has the same rear windows issue. I would appreciate the name of the rebuilder who services these elctrci motors.
Phil in Nashville

Agree with 57tbird57. Service the motors and replace the grease and hopefully you won't need a rebuild. It might be that the regulator mechanism is worn so recommend checking it for play.

Thanks Grahamp, Now to pull the rear window motors.

I completely removed the window mechanism from the car, then thoroughly cleaned and regressed the tracks. Made a big difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back