64 bird fuses help....

Daniel Riseborough

Daniel Riseborough

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello took the 64 bird out for a drive Tuesday and the indicators and brake lights stopped responding. I'm guessing this is the fuses as the headlights and back light still come on
All I need to know are the fuses 20mm sizes or 30mm sizes please any help is appreciated.
I'm gonna also just put new fuses in all to give me peace of mind.
Is this correct.
Regards Daniel.
Screenshot_20200822_201520_com.android.chrome.jpg16060460672066448568062583821740.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I inserted the images into your post using this method-

Last edited:
Hello took the 64 bird out for a drive Tuesday and the indicators and brake lights stopped responding. I'm guessing this is the fuses as the headlights and back light still come on
All I need to know are the fuses 20mm sizes or 30mm sizes please any help is appreciated.
Is this correct.
Regards Daniel.
View attachment 14507View attachment 14508
The easy answer is to check and see if a fuse is blown, or perhaps just needs cleaning... simply remove one and go to sny auto parts store to replace them. The most likely culprit is the stop lamp relay in the trunk under the package tray. The originals rust up, and the grounds go bad. I replaced all of that with solid state modern versions, I also had to replace the stop lamp and Hazards relay under the dash. Then i had lights again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
m
Is this correct.
Regards Daniel.
View attachment 14507View attachment 14508
mine are 20mm

Back