62 Dash top removal

Hadderz

Hadderz

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi, I’m going to remove my cracked dash top and have 60% stripped so far. Question I have is it looks like I’ll need to remove the instruments section but will it also leave the steering column loose as I might have to move the car before putting it back in?
Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi, I’m going to remove my cracked dash top and have 60% stripped so far. Question I have is it looks like I’ll need to remove the instruments section but will it also leave the steering column loose as I might have to move the car before putting it back in?
Thanks

Just for you chaps so you know. To remove the dash top is a major job and most of the interior associated with the dash has to be removed. To answer my own question, you do have to unbolt the steering column as the dash passes under this mounting bracket but, you can put the bolts back in and secure the steering. Apart from lots of electrical parts hanging around, you could still start and move the vehicle taking care nothing shorts out!

Attachments

• IMG_2186.jpg
    IMG_2186.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
Back