62 Convertible Trunk Wire & Hose Routing

kbuhagiar

kbuhagiar

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello Folks,

I will be replacing my trunk mat and boards soon, but before I do that I would like to make sure that all the wiring and hoses are routed correctly in the trunk.

Does anyone have any convertible trunk pictures (or links to pictures) that would illustrate how and where the wires and hoses are routed along the perimeter of the convertible trunk?

Thanks in advance.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

i have a really nice restored 63 convertible, scored 292/300 points at a judged t bird convention. if you want to call me i can on the phone go over the routing and send you photos. i just sold it and it may only be here for a few more days. lee in sandiego.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Lee,

I appreciate the offer; I captured your phone number before the moderator removed it...I may take you up on your offer.

Here are my areas of concern (I will be re-wrapping the wire bundles before I install the trunk kit). It's obvious that a previous owner (or mechanic) had their hands in the wiring at some point. BTW I do have the right side deck lid cylinder shield, but I removed it for the pictures.

Should these connectors be just sitting in that well on the trunk floor?
20210628_091203.jpg

Are these hoses, and the small harness, supposed to be routed over the trunk latch bracket (as pictured) or should they go below it?
20210628_091221.jpg

I think these hoses & wires on the right side are routed correctly, they just need to be covered by the new mat or a board.
20210628_091254.jpg

Should this connector/harness be sitting in that well, or should it be suspended or attached to the body?
20210628_091403.jpg

Any observations, insight, input or advice by any of our members is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Hello Lee,

I captured your phone number before the moderator removed it...I may take you up on your offer.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, to all reading, do not post your phone number publically on the forum. This is what the direct message feature is for.

Back