5R55N Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
What a great transmission-engine combo! I picked up my white bird (Y112026) last week in Reno and, after 300 miles of local cruising, drove it to So. Cal. The 5R55N transmission seems to have a subtle free wheeling mode when you lift your foot while in D5. Reminds me a little of the OD on a 63 Galaxie I had - although that one completely disconnected the engine and drive shaft when you lifted your foot. I averaged 28 mpg on the trip. While my math is correct the first 100 miles from Donner Summit to Sacramento is almost all down hill. Still very solid performance.

I am really impressed with this car. So far "zero defects" with fit and finish on a par with other BMW's and Mercedes I have owned. Now looking forward to driving across the country next month - something I haven't done since the 50's. Dave has scheduled me for a Wixom plant tour on May 3rd and I hope to be able to thank the Ford team for the great engineering and production job they have done.

Does anyone else like the 5R55N the way I do??

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back