59 t bird generator and voltage regulator set up wiring diagram

A
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I replace the voltage regulator on my 59 Thunderbird and now it's not. I looked online I looked online and followed some guidelines for setting the polarity but it still does not charge. Any help would be really appreciated thanks

I have a Ford Thunderbird but it does not have a wiring diagram in it. If anybody has. If anybody has one. If anybody has one they want to send to me it would be really appreciated. I'm having a I'm having a hard time getting the car to generate voltage to the battery

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Did you disconnect the battery while changing the voltage regulator? After installation reconnect the battery that should polarize the system. If I remember correctly. I have converted my cars but one to alternators.
good luck, J.

The large wire on the back of the generator goes to the Armature. That wire is generally yellow with a black stripe. for the two small wires, one goes from the Field terminal on the generator to the field terminal on the regulator. That wire is generally a white wire. The third wire goes from the G terminal to the ground, usually one of the screws holding the voltage regulator and that wire is normally black with a red stripe. I hope this helps.

Back