57 windshield washer pump

Ward 57

Ward 57

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I'm finally getting to the smaller things after 20+ years of life in the way. I tried the windshield washer pump and got one squirt before it gave up. Washer fluid all over the floor. The 60yo+ rubber gave up the ghost. Has anybody rebuilt their pump and how tough is it to get to? The parts are only $35.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Mac's and other suppliers sell the rubber bulb that pushes air into the bag and thus sends the fluid to the washer nozzles. If you got fluid on the floor, your air pump may be good and you just need to replace the hoses. I would do the whole set from the pump to the nozzles and be done. If you want to replace the rubber bulb on the pump, it is probably a good idea depending on the age and pliability of the rubber. putting the bulb on the pump is easy as is replacing the hoses.

Mac's and other suppliers sell the rubber bulb that pushes air into the bag and thus sends the fluid to the washer nozzles. If you got fluid on the floor, your air pump may be good and you just need to replace the hoses. I would do the whole set from the pump to the nozzles and be done. If you want to replace the rubber bulb on the pump, it is probably a good idea depending on the age and pliability of the rubber. putting the bulb on the pump is easy as is replacing the hoses.
It's definitely the pump and not the hoses. When I pushed on the pump it squirted once and then would not return. So it's pretty easy to get to from underneath? A rebuild kit is about $37 from CASCO

Back