57 under dash fuses

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Ward 57

Ward 57

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
What are the fuse sizes for under the dash? The courtesy light appears to take a 7 amp AGW but right now I have an AGC crammed in there and the radio fuse appears to be shorter also But don't know the recommended AMP rating. Are there any others under there and what sizes?

What are the fuse sizes for under the dash? The courtesy light appears to take a 7 amp AGW but right now I have an AGC crammed in there and the radio fuse appears to be shorter also But don't know the recommended AMP rating. Are there any others under there and what sizes?
If you go to page 62 of the owner's manual the fuse ratings are listed. Unfortunately The style of fuse is not listed as AGW or AGC or SFE or what ever XXX. that should be a t least a starting point.
good luck, J.

Yah, That's what I've found even scouring the wiring diagrams in the electrical manual. They just mention a fuse. There is a supplier who sells them but wont post the physical size to just buy them locally. I just want a back-up supply as I plan on tinkering under the dash. Installing a battery switch so it will allow me to tinker under there without messing with the battery cables themselves and shorting something out.

As per CASCO’s ThunderEnlightening Newsletter:

6 Volt 12 Volt

Clock AGA 3 AGA 1

Radio SFE 14 SFE 7.5

Map Light SFE 9 SFE 7.5

Heater Motor SFE 20 SFE 14

Turn Signal SFE 9 SFE 7.5

Overdrive AGC 30 AGC 15

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Back