57 - Race ramps or other options?

OhioTbird

OhioTbird

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I'm getting ready to order some ramps to allow easier access under the 57. I like the weight on the RaceRamp options but the price is a bit high.

What have others used to raise the front of the car?

Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Yes, especially with jack stands, retired Fire Chief, seen too many pulled out from under collapsed cars!

I used to have ramps that I could drive the car on, but I was never comfortable with them. Always envisioned driving off the "high end" of them.

I bought one of the hydraulic lifts by Bend Pac QuickJack BL-3500SLX Portable Car Lift - 3,500-lb Capacity (bendpak.com) which is good if you need to get all 4 wheels off the ground or have need to go under the car a lot.

Since I have no reason to go under the car a lot anymore, I am selling the Bend Pak and going back to the floor jack and jack stands. One nice thing about the BendPak is when it is up, it has locking arms/braces so you don't have to use jack stands. Anybody interested in buying my used BendPak lift? They work fine.

At home I use Kwik Lift ramp that I bought used for half price locally. site address is: www.kwik-lift.com
A neighbor has a portable two post lift he uses. Bolts to the garage floor. He unbolts it when not needed and moves it to the side of his garage.
I found a good selection of DIY and commercially made methods to lift your car at this address: There are probably as many methods as your wallet can allow. Good luck, J.

Look into ez lift. Costco sells them for about $1100. I love mine and they store under the car!
E35F9259-2945-448E-9FA9-3A6000FEDECD.png

My budget won't allow spending hundreds/thousands of dollars for ramps/lifts. I purchased steel ramps from Harbor Freight Tools for $40/pair. They work for me. However, being claustrophobic, I prefer not to crawl under a car, but somebody has to do it. By the way, some of Harbor's jack stands have been recalled. I've been using them for years, but I have to check mine to see if they are subject to the recall. Harbor will exchange or give store credit if/when they are returned.

Back