57 Pinion Seal recommendation

C

cscolastico

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I finally removed my leaking pinion seal and am looking for a replacement. Any recommendations as to what seal is the best? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

To follow up, I see that the Tbird vendors are selling seals for about $40. Other vendors, like Amazon, have seals for much less $10 to $20- makes me suspicious. I know that one has to pay for quality, but I also know that often times there is an unnecessary large mark up.

take a look at the drawings in the vendors catalog. we the 57 people have the 40 dollar job and the others have the low end 10 dollar stuff.
just went through this, I looked and tried to justify the cost, its a totally different seal. trust me on this.
or buy both and return the one that doesn't fit.

Thanks. That's good enough for me. Not going to cheap out on a part that's a pain to replace.

if not new replace U joints at same time, 15 bucks each and if 3 speed, replace the rear seal in tranny.
good luck

Back