57 Engine Color

Zoopie

Zoopie

Last seen
Recently purchased engine paint from one of the online T-bird parts shops. This is an orange paint, but all online engine pictures show red, what is the correct engine color?

I've heard that "Ford engine red" is very orange(ish). If you got it from one of the T'bird suppliers it is probably the correct "shade" of red.

Attached is a picture of the correct color for s 57 Thunderbird, more red than orange57tbird 35.jpg hunderbird engine

Where and how much on those exhaust headers (very nice detailed motor!)?

I just had my 57 Thunderbird file folder out a few days ago and looked at the Invoice for the Headers. I will retrieve it from my Hobby Shop tomorrow and send you the contact information.
Charlie

I just had my 57 Thunderbird file folder out a few days ago and looked at the Invoice for the Headers. I will retrieve it from my Hobby Shop tomorrow and send you the contact information.
Charlie
Chuckie, please send that x2

RE: Thunderbird Headers
Attached is my Invoice for Thunderbird Headers with contact information. I called Steve, the owner today and he is still making Headers for the Thunderbird..but not foe Ford sedans.
Semper Fi, Charlie

Attachments

• headers 1.jpg
    headers 1.jpg
    880.3 KB · Views: 1
  • headers 2.jpg
    headers 2.jpg
    949.4 KB · Views: 1
my experience as well Im working on my 55 T-bird that I recently acquired. Ordered the correct 55 paint from two different sources--cause the first paint looked different than most online photos of engines.. They are called Ford orange-red or Ford red-orange--both the same--and it is more orange than red.
I get the feeling that many/most engines over time we repainted a red color --closer to the torch-red body color for the T Bird. Do others agree? Thanks

Current engine is definitely red, new paint more orange, so I would tend to agree along with Chuckie's picture above.

Current engine is definitely red, new paint more orange, so I would tend to agree along with Chuckie's picture above.
I'm still a novice on attaching files. But if I have done it correctly, open these files to see an article sent to me by the moderator of So-Calgalaxies.com. It has Thunderbird engine colors begining with 1955 thru 1981 ?
Semper Fi, Charlie

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0139a-2-1.jpg
    100_0139a-2-1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1
What I see is only postage stamp size pictures of a Galaxy and an engine bay, too small to really see anything, no article however.
cam

Back