57 Bird rear window window installation

Quick question. Is this the seal you are using? https://www.steelerubber.com/rear-window-gasket-20-1385-81

Although I have never installed the rear window in a Bird, I find that I usually get the best fit with Steele products. They can fit pretty tight around the glass and it can take two people to get the seal on, but when installed the corners usually fit right.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Got mine from CASCO, part 42084 at $42.50 + shipping. Fits fine all around to my eye.

The hardtop back window new seal install feedback is helpful but, what about a few suggestions as how best to re-attach both the rear window chrome and lower chrome that raps around LH and RH sides, very bottom of rear roof.

The hardtop back window new seal install feedback is helpful but, what about a few suggestions as how best to re-attach both the rear window chrome and lower chrome that raps around LH and RH sides, very bottom of rear roof.
Can't say how the window trim goes on but the trim that runs around the base of the top is a friction fit. Just presses on. There is another thread on here about how to install the rubber seal that fits into it.

I'm having a tough time just getting the rubber on the window, and tricks to share on that?
I have posted the procedure I used to replace my window seal. Check out my posts. I also noted that most of the Thunderbird parts houses sell a window seal that is almost impossible to install on the glass. I ordered two and finally found Tee-Bird products tee-bird.com sells a Dennis Carpenter gasket that fits perfect. When installing the gasket orient the gasket seam to the bottom center of the glass.

Yes put stainless in gasket after installation on the window before installing the glass in the top. Rope the glass in being careful of the headliner. No adhesive is required!

Good luck ??

No kidding, this baby is TIGHT! Still can't get it on...
I bought one from CASCO & Concours and both were too tight. The Dennis Carpenter gasket through Tee-Bird.com fit perfectly.

How do you get this new Concourse rear window gasket on the rear window? It's such a tight fit I can't get it completely on the glass! Tried setting it in the sun to soften the gasket to no avail, tried the drier to no avail, tried soapy water, nope, tried two people but cannot stretch the new gasket on! Is it the gasket? Did Concourse send me the wrong gasket #42084? Maybe I will have to cut it and glue the ends together? Maybe order a different supplier?

Thanks
Order from tee-bird products Dennis Carpenter gasket!

Back