55 dash installation (puzzle piece)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HRUVDT564
Last seen
Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on my project. Last night I did a quick attempt to set my dash in. Column and windshield is out but as I tried to maneuver it in place I realized its not a slip in deal.
Does anyone know the secret to set that rascal in?

One thing I realized its not a one man job

:)
20201208_113352.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I did mine not too long ago. Mine seemed to hang up on the outermost corners. Seems I had to “persuade” it some and pry those ends in. This would be where the dash flows into the door trim. A rubber mallet might be necessary in this area as well to get it in that last 1/2” or so. If you have any wiring to do I would suggest supporting the dash a few inches off so that you can work between the dash and firewall.
Also if you’re doing A/C it’s best to install that first.
DF4A15A9-D9DC-42BF-A3D1-26EA050D5368.jpegB18740DD-4331-45BD-BD32-00E6039A7611.jpeg8A72B58E-501D-4ADF-A6F7-E49961DC5E4A.jpegE1136FB2-D680-45BA-84A2-454F777F903C.jpeg

Did you guys recover those dashes your self ? They look great.
How hard is the recover job ? I want to do mine this winter but am a little intimidated.
Did you use contact cement ?
Sorry I can't help with your original question, but those pictures inspire me.
Tom

I actually didnt recover mine as it was in great condition. I "painted" it with a Vinyl paint by SEM. Works great!
Redid the lower half with some textured finish black then went over it with the same SEM spray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back