$455 For Corrosion/Fabric (Ripoff?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HKS
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I got talked into doing a corrosion protection package which includes corrosion protection, undercoating, paint protection, and fabric protection costing $455. What bothers me, is that the dealer added the package to the total car price making it $40700. I need to pay sales tax on this now. I have not paid the extra $455 yet. I need to wait for the paint to harden after they repaint the Blue hood which had factory damage. Do I need this protection? HKS

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

hell no. that nonsense has been a dealer pack for years. i don't know if you can get out of it or not, but i would certainly try. wash the car, keep it polished (i use the zaino bros stuff), and you will accomplish the same thing.

------------------
Gary L Henkel

glh7767

I got out of it. I will find out more about the Zaino stuff.
What about corrosion protection? If Ford has the interior sheed metal zinc plated, is that enough? Suposedly the holes for adding corosion protection are already there.
HKS

Originally posted by glh7767:
hell no. that nonsense has been a dealer pack for years. i don't know if you can get out of it or not, but i would certainly try. wash the car, keep it polished (i use the zaino bros stuff), and you will accomplish the same thing.

Guess what?

I just checked the underneath of the Blue Tbird. Everything is painted. Xbraces are black. The rest is blue. And best of all, the rocker pannels are plastic!!!!!!

The major rust out problem (rocker pannel) will not rust. I do not know why one would add more rust protection.

HKS

HKS: Glad to see that you were able to get out of that excessive charge for that corrosion package. I'm sure you will take care of your car and not have problems. I've seen many posts regarding Zainos wax so it must do the job ---- Good Luck

Originally posted by glh7767:
hell no. that nonsense has been a dealer pack for years. i don't know if you can get out of it or not, but i would certainly try. wash the car, keep it polished (i use the zaino bros stuff), and you will accomplish the same thing. Not to bad Quality ford in Des Moines .Iawa wanted 1895 for paint protection and scotguarding the seats. what about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back