25000 cars by August?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

they have 16 more weeks of 2002 production (it ends in mid August) which is about 8000 more cars at 500/week (assuming they keep that schedule or better) that should get them close to it. on one of the topics quite awhile ago, someone said they were producing about 112 per day now, which is better than 500/week.
Maybe redbird can come up with a figure on daily production??

If you figure that retool will take place starting 08/15/2002, that leaves 4 months to build 02 models.

Here's how I worked it out:

100 cars per day x 6 days equals 600 per week.

4.5 weeks in an average month = 2700 cars per month.

4 months = 10,800 vehicles built by August 15th.

If Ford is into the 16000s, they will have all 25000 by then.

------------------

Originally posted by Birdman93:
If you figure that retool will take place starting 08/15/2002, that leaves 4 months to build 02 models.

Here's how I worked it out:

100 cars per day x 6 days equals 600 per week.

4.5 weeks in an average month = 2700 cars per month.

4 months = 10,800 vehicles built by August 15th.

If Ford is into the 16000s, they will have all 25000 by then.

How many hours per day are they building the cars?

I believe they are running two shifts a day-first shift starts at 6am-don't know the start time for the second shift, but would assume somewhere around 2-3pm. Wixom worked the later shift-she could tell us more.

------------------

there are only 16 weeks left between now and August 16 - didn't count the two they take for shut down in July. I also don't think they work 6 days a week - think they're on a 5-day week.

My dealer told me Ford called him this week and wanted to know the colors and equipment of his remaining 2002 allocation. Seems like they are gearing up to finish the 2002 run in full swing. Anyone have an idea when job 1 will be for the 2003's?

Approximately 86 working days between now and Aug. 16. 9.000 units can be produced easily (at 105 a day) between now and then. (They can produce more per day if there are production issues that stop the line.)

Changeover that weekend would put 2003 production on line Aug. 19.

From what I recall, that is in line with what the dealers have been told for changeover. Duane

The T-bird line at Wixom works 5 days a week with a single 10 hour shift. They are currently building an average of 113 Thunderbirds per day.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back