2005- What makes it a 50th Anniversary Edition

PLE999
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Besides the fender badges, what else makes this a "50th Anniversary Edition"? Were all the 2005's a 50th Anniversary Edition?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I'm not sure. Mine has blonde(?) leather seats and a blonde convertible top. What seems to be special wheels. After that, I don't think there's much else

All 2005 models are 50th anniversary. 1500 were made as a Special Edition with a one off color interior/exterior. It will have a small plaque in the glove compartment showing the number sequence.

2005 T-bird production numbers were 9295. There were 1500 Special Editions made with Cashmere Metallic tricoat paint and Cashmere leather interiors. I have number 14 of 1500.

Besides the fender badges, what else makes this a "50th Anniversary Edition"? Were all the 2005's a 50th Anniversary Edition?
I recently read up on these. All of the 2005 thirds were 50th anniversary edition. HOWEVER, within the 50th anniversary edition was a limited - or ‘special edition’ - the cashmere had a special plate - label inside and a unique colors scheme. I have seen some posts that say that only cashmere was the 50th anniversary edition, that is not correct. I found it interesting that they made more of the cashmere ’special edition‘ than all or almost all of the other color combinations- 1500 cashmere were made. There were only 985 of my bronze. I’m happy. Hope we are are.

All 2005 Retro Birds were badged as "50th Anniversary." The total production number of 2005 Retro Birds was 9,295. The chart below breaks down all of the different Retro Birds by year and color.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Retro Bird Colors.jpg

I recently read up on these. All of the 2005 thirds were 50th anniversary edition. HOWEVER, within the 50th anniversary edition was a limited - or ‘special edition’ - the cashmere had a special plate - label inside and a unique colors scheme. I have seen some posts that say that only cashmere was the 50th anniversary edition, that is not correct. I found it interesting that they made more of the cashmere ’special edition‘ than all or almost all of the other color combinations- 1500 cashmere were made. There were only 985 of my bronze. I’m happy. Hope we are are.
There were 1396 Bronze manufactured in 2005. I own a Bronze Bird and get many compliments when I drive it.

There were 1396 Bronze manufactured in 2005. I own a Bronze Bird and get many compliments when I drive it
Hi - I should have qualified my response. I had looked up by color interior and top. I have 2005 premium bronze with sand interior and top. I too love my bird. My resource shows their were 985 of this specific combination. Happy driving.

Back