2005 T-Bird Dash Vents Low Air Flow

BuckNasty
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My Precious T-Bird has low air flow from the Center and Side Dash vents. The vast majority of air is coming out at the feet on each side or when in defrost setting it all comes out the defrost as it should. When I select dash vents specifically, the light illuminates but all the air still comes out the floor vents. When in Auto, I get the same result. My feet are freezing. Can someone point me in the right direction. Its as if the floor actuator is always commanded open.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My Precious T-Bird has low air flow from the Center and Side Dash vents. The vast majority of air is coming out at the feet on each side or when in defrost setting it all comes out the defrost as it should. When I select dash vents specifically, the light illuminates but all the air still comes out the floor vents. When in Auto, I get the same result. My feet are freezing. Can someone point me in the right direction. Its as if the floor actuator is always commanded open.
The only thing I can think of is, it's plugged or disconnected somewhere. Yeah, I know...you didn't need me to tell you that.

The only thing I can think of is, it's plugged or disconnected somewhere. Yeah, I know...you didn't need me to tell you that.
No I appreciate any suggestions. Never know when you just overlooked something simple. I removed the dash vents in the center and there are no obstructions. Air blows out of the foot vents like crazy so no general obstruction downstream of the fan. I know that there is a separate door and actuator for each of the three modes, dash vents, floor vents and defrost. Floor and defrost are in fact actuating open and closed but when I select dash vents, the door for the floor vents remains open and it seems like the door for the dash is still closed or barely open. I do get a small amount of air but I should get all of it. I just don’t know enough about the components and their location to trouble shoot it effectively. Hoping maybe someone could assist who has dug into the dash before.

Back