2005 Steel Blue convertible top replacement

AJW

AJW

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does anyone know where I can purchase a steel blue top? Thunderbird Specialties has one but it’s 1200. Other sites have all colors but blue. Any ideas?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a steel blue top? Thunderbird Specialties has one but it’s 1200. Other sites have all colors but blue. Any ideas?
I replaced mine with a near perfect match blue fabric from the same manufacturer as the OEM top. The Ford steel blue was still in the catalog but none was available. I considered the Thunderbird Specialties too, but went for the brand new fabric instead of the 15 year old stock. It looks great. The shop is Seatco in Springfield VA. They also touched up the dye on the seats so they look great too. The top is brand new, made to order from the new fabric.

Haartz Auto Top company is the OEM manufacturer of the 2002-05 fabric. They still make this fabric bin all of the colors Ford ordered. A GOOD quality shop can order this fabric & make you a new top.
Haartz has a web site.

Haartz Auto Top company is the OEM manufacturer of the 2002-05 fabric. They still make this fabric bin all of the colors Ford ordered. A GOOD quality shop can order this fabric & make you a new top.
Haartz has a web site.

Unfortunately, Haartz isn't a source. Here's the text of an email I got from them today when I asked about the Twillfast JU in Steel Blue shown on their web site for the 2005 Thunderbird:

"Thank you for your e-mail and interest in Haartz products. The Twillfast JU was a limited run specific for the 2005 Ford Thunderbird. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued and the last time it was manufactured was back in 2005. I spoke with the sales team and there is nothing even close to that color available any longer.

You could try contacting one of our vendors that currently make the top for the 2005 Thunderbird, and they may be able to help you determine what they recommend for a top for this vehicle. Here are a couple of vendors that should be able to help you:

http://ezonauto.com/

https://www.robbinsautotopco.com/index.php"

As I said, a good trim shop can get you a high quality top in a color very close to the factory blue. I got one in January from Seatco (see seatco.com) in Springfield VA. I'll have to check the fabric source on my invoice- it must have been someone other than Haartz, since it's close to the factory blue and their e-mail said they don't have anything close.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your experience. If you get time I would like to know what fabric you wound up using on the top.
On another note a I just purchased an ESP warranty from Ford. If your car is a 2005, I’m told you can buy the warranty through June 19.
You might want to look into it

6CCF2D8F-8F11-4394-A854-B7186329B3D8.jpeg B2339113-9270-4061-B8CD-12C24632FF81.jpeg I found a new top! Convertible top.com. $625 with shipping to my house. It’s a Robbins’s twillfast top, the color is blue 1952. It’s not steel blue but it looks fine. I installed it and it’s not really a hard job. It’s a 10 hour job. It was time!
Thanks for sharing your experience. If you get time I would like to know what fabric you wound up using on the top.
On another note a I just purchased an ESP warranty from Ford. If your car is a 2005, I’m told you can buy the warranty through June 19.
You might want to look into it

Back