2005 Radio back lighting not working

A
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Every backlight, from the doors to the steering wheel to the dash, that are suppose to come on when the lights are turned on work fine. The radio works fine and shows the station, etc. Everything works, except the radio backlights.

The previous owner had installed a Sirius radio adapter and scarfed the power off the lines highlighted by my yellow tool. The second picture is all the assorted accessories that were buried behind the radio. So all of that is now out and the blue female plugs are now disconnected. I left the red scabs on.

But, the radio buttons lighting and back lighting is still not functioning. Any ideas would be appreciated.

20240704_112241[1].jpg20240704_112346.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Every backlight, from the doors to the steering wheel to the dash, that are suppose to come on when the lights are turned on work fine. The radio works fine and shows the station, etc. Everything works, except the radio backlights.

The previous owner had installed a Sirius radio adapter and scarfed the power off the lines highlighted by my yellow tool. The second picture is all the assorted accessories that were buried behind the radio. So all of that is now out and the blue female plugs are now disconnected. I left the red scabs on.

But, the radio buttons lighting and back lighting is still not functioning. Any ideas would be appreciated.

View attachment 31565View attachment 31566
Does anyone possibly have access to a wiring diagram that might lead to some enlightenment?

Back