2005 portal/opera window

Ron W.

Ron W.

Marilyn's Daddy
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone ever lit the portal windows on the hard top?
Been trying to figure out how I might do this so they glow
at night.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I haven’t seen it done but I’ve always thought about doing it. I was thinking of using LED light strips but didn’t pursue it as I seldom drive the car at night. Hope someone has a way to easily do this. I’ll be watching.

I haven’t seen it done but I’ve always thought about doing it. I was thinking of using LED light strips but didn’t pursue it as I seldom drive the car at night. Hope someone has a way to easily do this. I’ll be watching.
I was thinking along those lines. I need to find battery operated flexible RGB light strips which can be cut to size with a remote. And just now came up with the idea to attache them to the inside of of an adjustable plumbers pipe strap (painted black to match my interior) so they can be fit into the portal and expanded just snug enough to stay in place.

Another idea I have is to light the hood scoop like KITT from Knight Rider. Don’t know whether that would be street legal especially if it strobes sequentially.

Another idea I have is to light the hood scoop like KITT from Knight Rider. Don’t know whether that would be street legal especially if it strobes sequentially.
My understanding is flashing lights are usually a no no. I did find the led flexible battery operated lights with remote at LEDsupply.com 20" in length for 41 and change for 2

Back