2005 Gas Stabilizer in both tanks

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
BluByeU
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Because the 2002-05 has such a unique fuel delivery system I am wondering how to get gas stabilizer throughout the entire fuel system. It seems that by adding stabilizer to a full tank of gas will not get the stabilizer to both sides of the tank. Adding stabilizer to an empty tank then doing a fill up of fuel will push the stabilizer to the side of the tank that fills first. Any thoughts on this, caused I'm confused.

Because the 2002-05 has such a unique fuel delivery system I am wondering how to get gas stabilizer throughout the entire fuel system. It seems that by adding stabilizer to a full tank of gas will not get the stabilizer to both sides of the tank. Adding stabilizer to an empty tank then doing a fill up of fuel will push the stabilizer to the side of the tank that fills first. Any thoughts on this, caused I'm confused.
I’ve had my 2004 since 2018 and have stored it every winter for 5-6 months. I use fuel stabilizer simply mixed in with the gasoline and have never had an issue. I wouldn’t over-think this or look for a problem that doesn‘t exist.

Run your fuel as low as possible. Add fuel Stabilizer before driving to gas station or before pumping your fuel. Add non-ethanol fuel if storing car. You have no other options than this, so it's really a moot point.

Last edited:
Back