2005 Ford Thunderbird Bumper

Powerplunge

Powerplunge

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
none
looking at a 2005 thunderbird, bumper has a 4-6" tear/ cut in it. Looks like someone when over a curb. body shop says they would replace not repair if I were to purchase. Can this be repaired and would it look right? If not, do you have a source for replacement front bumper, or overall estimate as to cost?

Correct body shop recommendation, a repair is more expensive than replacing---would take a long time. Buy new for about $750 and then paint to match---to paint would be about $500 with clear coat. I just did my front bumper, materials alone cost $425 for Sherwin Williams premiere base and clear coat, SEM soft rubber repair epoxy putty, primer and solvent, plus my time and a paint suit, nitrile gloves, hood and respirator refill. It came out fantastic though.

Go to https://www.villagefordparts.com/au...ine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-front-scat for Village Ford OEM or go to Ebay and search, you might get lucky and find one already in your color. Also go to Hollander Auto Salvage and call them---I buy from them with good prices!

If anyone lives in California beware you can not get the correct Paint color for the 2005 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Cashmere because they out lawed the mixture. The paint in California has to be waterbase I learned the hard way even the computer match is wrong .

Back