2005 best service repair manual CD/DVD

mdpigroaster

mdpigroaster

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I'm looking for opinions on the best 2005 TBird service manual in cd/dvd. I do recall reading a posting where some discussion was made on service manuals but I can't find it by searching. It needs to include everything on the vehicle and it needs to be searchable. I bought one from ebay on a link from this site and while it is just ok, it doesn't include everything and it is not searchable. Probably someone scanned the pages of a ford manual and didn't set the pdf's to be searchable. Here is the link from ebay for that manual:

Ford Thunderbird 2002 2003 2004 2005 3.9L Factory Workshop Service Repair Manual

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I got a Ford workshop manual on eBay that has all the the Ford vehicles from 2000 to 2002. It is interactive and seems to be the manual the Ford dealer used. The one I have that covers up to the 2004 vehicles does not install. All these are on CD and old tech. They require early versions of pdf and flash. I copied it over to a removable chip and run it from there on my surface. It took a while to get up and running in compatibly mode, but it works. Not sure I can ever install it again

Thanks. These provide no information on what they contain and if you can search through them. Do you know if you can search them. Some will have a index for all items and you can click on that to take you to the item to repair.

Mine has an index and you can find many things if you know what they are. I've never been able to search. And come things are not called what you would think they are.

Yep! Takes a bit of a learning curve to use either the cds or the printed manual. I've got both and maybe it is just habit but I find the printed manual as big & cumbersome as it is to me it is easier to find my way around.

it takes three books to see the whole picture. Workshop manual, BISHKO works good and is CD searchable. Wiring diagrams, 1 inch thick book and finally the 2 inch thick 2005 Powertrain control/ emissions Diagnosis. the three reference each other for more information and trouble resolution. good luck. The one you referenced did indeed look like a scanned book. better then nothing, I also bought one, remember you get what you pay for.z

As an update, I bought this manual on ebay:
I got a good response back from the seller. This manual is in one pdf file (huge). The pdf index allows you to go directly to a chapter of interest. You can do a word or phrase search in the pdf. The information is easy to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I want to buy the electronic version of the service manual, and it looks like the Bishko version is the only one that can be searched. I can only find a 2003 or a 2005 version, and of course my Tbird is an 04. Will there be any difference between the 05 and 04? Or should I buy the 03?

Thanks,
Alex

The model that has the biggest differences is 2002 vs the 03-05. My opinion is 03-05 should all be about the same. Anyone else?

Last edited:
Back