2004 with 6600 miles

rkprater

rkprater

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have two questions: I have been looking for a Thunderbird and I have found a 2004 that looks like it just came off the assembly line. They are asking $29,995. The car only has 6,600 miles on it, comes with the hard top and stand for the hard top. Also has original manuals. Color is Merlot with a biege interior. It is a beautiful car. Do you think it is over priced and it uses premium gas. I would appreciate comments on this. I have not made an offer yet but may do so soon.

Ron
Ohio

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

It's subjective. They appear on Bring a Trailer periodically anywhere from 23k-30k

Personally I would pay 25k.

Look at completed auction prices:

The car market is really screwed up right now because of many factors so pricing is hard to determine.

I have two questions: I have been looking for a Thunderbird and I have found a 2004 that looks like it just came off the assembly line. They are asking $29,995. The car only has 6,600 miles on it, comes with the hard top and stand for the hard top. Also has original manuals. Color is Merlot with a biege interior. It is a beautiful car. Do you think it is over priced and it uses premium gas. I would appreciate comments on this. I have not made an offer yet but may do so soon.

Ron
Ohio
I ended up buying an 04 in Merlot and sand interior in Jacksonville, FL this week. The car has 19,000 miles on it and it is being delivered to my house in Ohio. I look forward to staying in contact with folks on this forum and will probably have lots of questions.

Ron Prater

I also have this model in merlot. Purchased in 2019 with 15k miles from a private owner in my southwestern Ohio location with the same components you indicated (Premium model). It was in excelent, like new condition and remains as such. Paid less than $13k. When I was searching for a vehicle I was surprised to find many available for sale all over the country. While having low mileage is a plus, in some situations it can also be an issue. I assume the vehicle you are considering has the original tires installed as mine did. They need replacement for sure. The silicone boots on the suspense parts had deteriorated and needed attention. You can not purchase these items separately and the entire tie rod(s) have to be installed. Fortunately everything was operational took my vehicle to a repair shop operated by a person who owned a 2002 TBird and he performed an inspection that identified the obvious defects beforehand. Everything should be tested, mechanicals and electronics., heater, A/C, etc. New coolant is recommended because the anti-rust additive is no longer 100% effective. I was able to negotiate the asking price after showing the seller what the replacement parts were estimated to cost. VERY helpful if you are not an experienced mechanic yourself and/or do not have the opportunity to see the vehicle in person.

With all due respect Silverwheels, this is not 2019 anymore. The covid thing changed everything for a while, and prices dropped for a couple years. Assuming the car is in top shape, with super low miles, the price has jumped as much as $10K, on super clean ones, especially the '05's.

My '05 with 10K on it was purchased in 2019 for $16K, and is definitely in the $25-28K range now. Check Hemmings, and Bring a Trailer.

Take good care of yours and enjoy. The only change I have made to mine is to replace the 7 Spoke chrome wheels with factory new 17 spoke aluminum. Personal preference.

I ended up buying an 04 in Merlot and sand interior in Jacksonville, FL this week. The car has 19,000 miles on it and it is being delivered to my house in Ohio. I look forward to staying in contact with folks on this forum and will probably have lots of questions.

Ron Prater
I have a 2003 3, hard top + rack, Robin Egg Blue. I have been watching prices over the years hoping they would go up but unfortunately they haven’t. I bought mine new and paid around 30 K for it. My advice is keep looking I think you can probably find one with low mileage for around 19-22k. in perfect condition.
As far as taking the hard top off and storing it it is very heavy and you need 2 men to lift it off.
Make sure they have had the transmission fluid changed. Check out the struts and sway bars, I have had to replace them 2 or 3 times but I drive it on a regular basis and have over 100, 000 miles on it.
Love my car so good luck at finding one.

I have been watching prices over the years hoping they would go up but unfortunately they haven’t.
Cars are a depreciating item, period. Any rises in prices recently are due to inflation which is offset by the fact everything is more expensive, including new cars.

Back