2004 wheel swap to 1997

Baumer
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have rims from a 2004 T bird that I want to put on my 1997 T bird. Bolt pattern is great, problem is the tire rubs on suspension because of the off set 235/50R17, offset 58 - 62. The 1997original rims are 225/60ZR16 with offset 37 - 41. Can I use a spacer, if so what thickness and material for spacer and do the backs need to be spaced as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I wouldn’t see any reason why you wouldn’t be able too, but then I would be worried about rubbing against your fender or wheel well. Got any pics of the car?

Thanks JordanBlueAstro, But after some calculating I figured I need to put in 12mm spacers on all 4 wheels. Not crazy about them but it's the only way, no worries about the fenders plenty of clearance there just suspension clearance in the front and emergency brake cable assembly in the back. The 12mm is the max you can go without changing studs, able to get full nut and then some.

Back