2004 Production number from assembly line.

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
How can I find out what the actual production number was for my 2004 Thunderbird. Production date was 11-4-03.

For example, out of 12000 made what was the number of my build.....say 250 of 12000.

Not important except if mine was in the first say 10 made it would have some significance to a collector!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The 12th through the 17th number is the production nunumber

Very early production numbers or those near the last few are woth a premium to collectors depending on the make/model, often times this is because a car is better or more unique due to the running production changes in the model year - less so with modern cars. I wouldn't try to fund my kid's education with any extra money a retro Thunderbird with a paticular production number might bring.

The positions in the VIN stated above are incorrect, since no model year produced vehicles in the 6 digit range. The VIN is decoded as follows:

1 = USA
FA = Thunderbird production line
H = Passenger restraint
P = Passenger car
60 or 64 or 62 or 63 or 69 = Model #
A = Engine
9th digit = VIN check digit (varies)
2 = 2002 Model year 3=2003 Model year 4=2004 Model Year 5= 2005 Model year
Y = Wixom Plant - ALL 2002 to 2005 production Thunderbirds were built at Wixom
Last 6 = Consecutive Unit order #

Order # is the number assigned the dealer's order when Ford received the order, NOT the order that the car was built in. Thus you will find the order #s slightly out of order from the date they were actually built and with other units ordered. Do note that all 2002 to 2005 Thunderbirds were built with consecutive order #s. The highest "order #" for any of the 4 years will be greater than the actual # built due to several factors. For example, the last 05 vin# is 9337 but only 9295 05s were actually built.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back