2004 passenger seat comfort

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Bird52

Bird52

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make the passenger seat more comfortable.
Right now it gives whoever sits in it a backache.
Thanks in advance

It gives whoever sits in it a backache.
Maybe its not the chair's fault. Lol I guarantee you that I could sit in it without getting a back ache.

Common solutions for people with poor core strength or back problems is a pillow.

See this old thread-

Maybe its not the chair's fault. Lol I guarantee you that I could sit in it without getting a back ache.

Common solutions for people with poor core strength or back problems is a pillow.

See this old thread-
come on over and I will take you for a ride

come on over and I will take you for a ride
Seats deteriorate on the inside too. The foam and even the structure can come apart. I am going to buck up for a complete rebuild and recover come Dec. Will be interesting to see the difference if any. They look to have been well used at 76k miles.

On a previous project it made quite a difference.

Seats deteriorate on the inside too. The foam and even the structure can come apart. I am going to buck up for a complete rebuild and recover come Dec. Will be interesting to see the difference if any. They look to have been well used at 76k miles.

On a previous project it made quite a difference.
Thanks for the info. My bird has 78000.
Let us all know how the rebuild turns out

Wife road shotgun in my 2002l 3 hours straight to a Florida resort and never a complaint and she's pretty picky.
IIRC the passenger seat does not have the lumbar adjustment like the driver's seat though.

Last September my wife and I drove our 2004 Retro Bird on Route 66 from Chicago to California. We then returned to Ohio via the northern route. After traveling through 15 states in 28 days, we put 6,325 miles on the Retro Bird. What a great cruising vehicle. The seats were very comfortable.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make the passenger seat more comfortable.
Right now it gives whoever sits in it a backache.
Thanks in advance
I don't know about your situation, could be the seat has some troubles, or the passenger has a back issue?
I've had my 04 for 16 years, neither me nor my wife has ever really had a seat comfort complaint, and I'm 6'2"

Back