2004 Paint Restore with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Yep, Maguire's and a Porter Cable dual-action buffer (DA) are our friends. Bought Mag's DA kit years ago and the microfiber pads still look and work as new. The liquid wax they include is okay but nothing special even power buffing the stuff on. I clay bar, followed by the DA, and then a good coat of Chemical Brothers Butter Wax. A nice liquid carnauba that smells like coconuts... yum!

Just spent 4 hours clay barring an '04 I just snagged. That was removing years of white wax residue packed into every seam, crack, and crevice! The prior owner must have stocked cases of green Turtle Wax to encapsulate this treasure? Had to remove the tail lamps to DA the lower buckets scratched and hazed from years of rag wipes. Those lamps had never been out. Washed and clayed the muck and hit the hazy lines with the DA. They buffed clean completely removing the haze lines. No way hand buffing can do this magic. I feel like a professional detailer armed with a few simple weapons. Mothers clay and detailer squirt, a P/C DA, Maguire's pink goodness, add liquid wax of your choice, and you're set. Oh, and a bottle of 303 Aerospace Protectant which is the best vinyl, rubber, and weather striping coating ever!

Back