2004 Floor mat folded

tlfmd
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have been trying to unfold the passenger floormat since I bought my T-bird in 2004. I've reverse folded it in warm sunlight, held ovenight,
I've tried a velcro stick behind, I've vigorously reverse folded in heat and cold environment.
What else can I do? It looks good except for the fold.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have been trying to unfold the passenger floormat since I bought my T-bird in 2004. I've reverse folded it in warm sunlight, held ovenight,
I've tried a velcro stick behind, I've vigorously reverse folded in heat and cold environment.
I have the same problem since buying mine new. Will be interested in finding a solution.

Have you tried soaking over night in a tub large enough that the mat will lay flat under the water. After 24 hrs pull it out of the water, keep it flat with some weight on it& let it throughly dry.
Give it a try & let us know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likely not so helpful but I scored a set of Lloyd Mats. I chucked the stockers as tired and not forgiving. The Lloyds are premium with heavy construction even a section that rides over the 'dead pedal'. Fits perfectly, feels uber cushy, looks rich, and behaves. Much higher quality than factory. Jus' sayin' they're awesome if you're not a must-be-original purist.

https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/?msc... | Brand&utm_term=lloyd mats&utm_content=Mats

How cool to have such a minor trouble in a auto that is almost 20 yrs old.
Have you tried soaking over night in a tub large enough that the mat will lay flat under the water. After 24 hrs pull it out of the water, keep it flat with some weight on it& let it throughly dry.
Give it a try & let us know.
Funny that this is a problem ever since buying the 2004 new. My wife is the only person who sits in the passenger seat and has mentioned this since new. I live in Atlanta and a month ago I shampooed the mats and put the passenger side out in my driveway in the 90 degree heat with a bundle of roof shingles on top of it as it dried. First time she sat in the car they folded again. I'll try soaking them for a day and trying it again.

If the backing on the mat has been permanently crimped, nothing you can do will solve the issue IMO.

try steaming ......

Back