2004 factory soft top boot cover storage

O

OldSaltCityAce

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi;
I have a 2004 Thunderbird. My question is about storing the factory soft top boot cover. It has a velcro strap that doesn't seem long enough to wrap around it. I'm hesitant to fold the boot as it seems this would crease the boot.
So, how do your store the boot in the trunk and/or away from the car?

Thanks, Jim

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi;
I have a 2004 Thunderbird. My question is about storing the factory soft top boot cover. It has a velcro strap that doesn't seem long enough to wrap around it. I'm hesitant to fold the boot as it seems this would crease the boot.
So, how do your store the boot in the trunk and/or away from the car?

Thanks, Jim
I roll mine and the strap is the correct size. We Live in Chicago and just got the car out of storage removed the hard top the cover was in the trunk rolled it back out and put it on the car no problems at all

Thanks. I tried that briefly, but wasn't sure how far to compress it.

Do you roll the top of the boot on the outside or inside?

Thanks again, Jim

It sounds like older ones were different. My 2005 folds neatly and fits fairly well in the shelf in the trunk

It may be that I'm not folding/rolling it up correctly.

I was about to go out and take a picture of mine to send. Are you in UT? I go out their skiing sometimes. I live in CT, take care of your new Toy.
I live near Syracuse NY.

Thanks again!

Not quite sure if mine is "hard" or "soft." Here's a couple of pics:

Ever stop out to a cruise in, like Skanellus on Mondays?

Attachments

• IMG_5821.jpeg
    IMG_5821.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5831.jpeg
    IMG_5831.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 59
Not quite sure if mine is "hard" or "soft." Here's a couple of pics:

Ever stop out to a cruise in, like Skanellus on Mondays?
Yours is the factory one just like mine. There is an aftermarket truly soft one that people have bought but I like the stock one. The trip to your neighborhood is 5 hours via highways and I hate driving the TBird on the highway. If you want to come this way and like boating your more than welcome. I have a 44 ft Sailboat (w/partners) that can sleep 9 and I keep it in Mystic CT which one of the prettiest places in CT

LOL I was wondering if stevedaphotoman ever went to Skanellus. I know the drive from your place;

I sometimes do Cruz-in most often Cars and Coffee Saturday mornings at the Wegmans Rt 31 in Clay. 7:00 am- to 10:00 am. Matter of fact, I will be out there this Saturday.. My wife and i most often just take our Bird for weekend drives. Sometimes it is out to Skaneateles.. I am also a member of the CNY Shelby Mustang Club.. ( it is an all Ford club) so there are a few other TBirds from all generations but along with Model-T's and lists of Mustang owners.. As for the boot I think the 2002 was the only year that Ford had the "hard" boot is OEM.. The other 3 years were the OEM softer boot that roll-able or foldable boots that were able to fit in the trunk shelf. See photos from my 2002..

Attachments

• 20220511_181133.jpg
    20220511_181133.jpg
    685.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220511_181216.jpg
    20220511_181216.jpg
    691.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Back