2003 power steering fast leak

L
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi, I'm posting for my father. He has a 2003 T-bird in beautiful condition. Only 21,000 miles. But there is a leak in the steering somewhere. Dad says he fills it, and after a few hours, it leaks out again. The steering is not "smooth" (alternates between very loose to normal).

I apologize, I'm not the mechanic, and dad is 92 years old. Yes he still drives it. He renewed his license last year, so good to go until 97! I'm trying to help him find the parts to fix the car, as he took it to a ford dealer and they told him that they don't carry the parts anymore.

I'll include a couple of pics that show where he puts in the fluid. Not sure where it leaks out, as there is no fluid in it at the moment. Thanks for any and all advice!
T Bird engine part w arrow.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm posting for my father. He has a 2003 T-bird in beautiful condition. Only 21,000 miles. But there is a leak in the steering somewhere. Not sure where it leaks out, as there is no fluid in it at the moment. Thanks for any and all advice!
View attachment 26866
Someone needs to track down the leak, and that's not going to happen on the internet.

That is the problem. He took it to a ford dealer here and they wouldn't even look at it. But then again, dad is 92 and now completely deaf. So either they didn't understand him or didn't want to be bothered because they don't carry the parts anymore.

So I figured I'd buy the parts (Whatever part that would be leaking the fluid) and take them to a mechanic to have them put in. Again, I'm his daughter and not a mechanic. I'm just trying to help him out. He loves the car and yes, he just renewed his license this past summer, so good to go until he's 97. So there's that.

I just wish I lived closer. I live in western PA, and he lives in Conway, South Carolina. I don't know how expensive these parts are but it's worth a shot. So thanks anyway. I'll figure something out.

He took it to a ford dealer here and they wouldn't even look at it.
Take it somewhere else. Until you track down the leak its just guess-work.

Last edited:
Back