2003-2005 Realistic Value

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still in the market for a lower mileage premium 2003-05 T Bird. I prefer a 03 Blue or 04 Green. I have come across 3 cars in the past six months of "searching" that I liked. What I have found is that the prices are too high. While I would not expect anyone to sell me a car for wholesale, however the value of an 04 in Galves (wholesale pricing guide for dealers) with 36k is $11,000 and the retail is about 30% higher. I have seen asking prices from over 30k to 12k (Park Ford in Mahopac, NY-- 04 red Premium with 77,000 miles).

Recently I passed on on 04 green premium with 27k. Owner was asking 17k, but had NEVER done a thing to it. 5 tires, ALL fluids, brakes, battery etc, etc would probably run 2k+ and he scoffed at my 14k final offer. I know there is an ass for every seat--- but seriously I do not want to over pay.

Advice?? Help me find my dream car!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3463[1].JPG
    IMG_3463[1].JPG
    8.5 MB · Views: 0

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I am still in the market for a lower mileage premium 2003-05 T Bird. I prefer a 03 Blue or 04 Green. I have come across 3 cars in the past six months of "searching" that I liked. What I have found is that the prices are too high. While I would not expect anyone to sell me a car for wholesale, however the value of an 04 in Galves (wholesale pricing guide for dealers) with 36k is $11,000 and the retail is about 30% higher. I have seen asking prices from over 30k to 12k (Park Ford in Mahopac, NY-- 04 red Premium with 77,000 miles).

Recently I passed on on 04 green premium with 27k. Owner was asking 17k, but had NEVER done a thing to it. 5 tires, ALL fluids, brakes, battery etc, etc would probably run 2k+ and he scoffed at my 14k final offer. I know there is an ass for every seat--- but seriously I do not want to over pay.

I have a 2004 PCR, under 50,000 miles, very clean in and out. Never seen winter, all original, new battery last year. Has the hard to, stand and cover. Asking $15,000.

I just sold my thunderbird that was in tip top condition it was a premium edition and I had everything done to it from the cold air intake and sct tuner and Borla exhaust cat back and hard top as well with stand had apple car play rear view camera, I had it on the market forever trying to sell it due to the fact I was out of space and have 5 other cars I had mine listed at 25k got no response then posted for 15k then started to get some action and finally got one very serious buyer and finally let it go for 11k, sorry for the long response but even though there getting hard to find but people that have them for sale are finding it very hard to sell for top money and will eventually let them go for less if they truly want to sell, good luck on finding your thunderbird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back