2002 Connecting Rod Bearings | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2002 Connecting Rod Bearings

• Thread starter Thread starter Faafo
  • Start date Start date
F
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
So I got given a 2002 tbird and it had a rod knock, that is why it was free. I pulled the upper pan and found that the #3 Bearing was bad. So I hope to replace it and see if I can get it working. Problem is I can't find what bearing is supposed to be in there every site I go to doesn't list the part in the picture below it is either the set which is number 29 or the individual which is part 28. if you look at the second picture you see the parts list jumps from 24 to 31. So what I am really asking is does anyone know the part number or better yet have a link to where I can buy the bearing or set?

1721658671009.png1721658768755.png

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

#29 are main bearings (full set pictured) for the crankshaft.
#28 are connecting rod bearings (looks to be for one set for 1).
Hope this helps

Back