2002 T Bird Need for camber kit after suspension upgrades

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
350xfire
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I just finished the suspension on my 02 and took it to get aligned. Shop could not get it and said needed camber kit. Is this true? I found on Rock Auto and ordered them but just wondering.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on mileage and how well the alignment held over the years it could well be true...
The shop isn't making big $$ off installing this kit I wouldn't think so there is not much incentive to mislead you.
UNLESS, whatever you did to the suspension affected things negatively.

Depending on mileage and how well the alignment held over the years it could well be true...
The shop isn't making big $$ off installing this kit I wouldn't think so there is not much incentive to mislead you.
UNLESS, whatever you did to the suspension affected things negatively.

Everything was installed properly. The steering wheel was crooked as a result of eye balling the new end links and caster and camber were off since I replaced the control arms. The camber kit for both sides were about $60 and like you said labor (if I let them do it) shouldn't be that bad. I was just wondering why Ford would not include this already in the car... I bet while building the car a kit like this would only cost a few dollars to install and add a lot of flexibility for alignment. .

Ford doesn't include camber adjustment on any vehicle. They claim the cars are built to spec so the camber should be within acceptable limits. Not always true!!! Kits have to be installed quite often to get the correct settings. I have had 2 late model Mustangs with the same issues. Very frustrating.

...whatever you did to the suspension affected things negatively.

Camber says you are a funny guy.

Yes a camber kit on the front is advisable. My car's suspension is set up aggressive street alignment front and rear by Texas Track Works in Ft. Worth. It is quick responding to steering inputs yet stable. Camber. caster, toe-in and corner balance are all important.

My car on TTW's Hunter Optical Alignment table.
fullsizeoutput_90c.jpeg

Last edited:
Back