2002 Fuel Sensor code

A

Adboy

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My check engine light is on. Auto parts store ran code that said a left bank fuel sensor is bad. Last time it did this, I cleaned gas cap with alcohol, filled up tank with premium gas, added sea foam and light went off. Any suggestions? 114 k miles

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The only thing I can add is that back in September my 03 bird's check engine light came on. I took it to the local Ford dealer and they ran a diagnosis and it showed that something associated with the gas tank ventilation system was reported. They couldn't really find a cause. The engine light went off and has not reappeared. This probably doesn't help you much except the check engine light is more like an idiot light, a catchall for almost any and everything. I would clean off gas lid area, fill up and see what happens. Either way I wish you good luck, my bird has almost 34,000 miles.

Next time ask for the actual code number. Better yet, get your own OBDII scanner. This is a must-have for any car owner, no reason to be codependent on the busy parts stores when they cost as little as 12 bucks.

Also, if the light went off, what is the issue?

My check engine light is on. Auto parts store ran code that said a left bank fuel sensor is bad. Last time it did this, I cleaned gas cap with alcohol, filled up tank with premium gas, added sea foam and light went off. Any suggestions? 114 k miles
Thank you for sharing. Any bit of information about these cars is helpful. I got a 2004 with 46000 miles in july. I plan on getting an OBD2 scanner, but I don't know what to buy as the price is all over the place.

Thank you for sharing. Any bit of information about these cars is helpful. I got a 2004 with 46000 miles in july. I plan on getting an OBD2 scanner, but I don't know what to buy as the price is all over the place.
Buy what you can afford, they all read the codes and give the information needed. Obviously, they can be used on most modern cars so this is a must-have item for any car owner.
This is all explained here-

Next time ask for the actual code number. Better yet, get your own OBDII scanner. This is a must-have for any car owner, no reason to be codependent on the busy parts stores when they cost as little as 12 bucks.

Also, if the light went off, what is the issue?
No. The light has stayed on this time.

No. The light has stayed on this time.
You need to post what the code number was for help. You cannot solely rely on the parts store people. They often know enough to be dangerous.

Buy what you can afford, they all read the codes and give the information needed. Obviously, they can be used on most modern cars so this is a must-have item for any car owner.
This is all explained here-
Thanks @biddle. I took your advice and brought an innova code scanner from amazon. this is the first car I've ever owned from a private party that does not have a warranty. Love your forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
And replacement gas caps are dirt cheap. Its not worth cleaning old ones. Also be very cognizant of the grade of fuel you use and add some Techron to the fuel. It is a more modern additive than Seafoam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back