2002 car does not start immediately

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Patrick Kuipers

Patrick Kuipers

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Car does not start immediately when I turn the ignition. I often have to close and open the car again several times as if the immobilizer is not switched off. Then when the car eventually starts, the radio starts to innitialize as if it has been completely disconnected from power.
Does anyone have a clue what this could be? The battery has enough power to start the engine.

the immobilizer is not switched off.
What immobilizers? Are you implying the car will not start if the door is open? It would be best to rule out the fuel pump as the culprit. These are known to fail and work intermittently toward the end of life.

What immobilizers? Are you implying the car will not start if the door is open? It would be best to rule out the fuel pump as the culprit. These are known to fail and work intermittently toward the end of life.
I mean immobilizers connected to the alarm; after trying several times it usually starts and runs fine. If you would try the ingnition without turning the alarm off it more ore less does the same thing.

Where eventually could start the car nothing electronic works anymore, no power windows, radio etc, totally dead. The strang thing is that the starter motor (which usually needs a lot of electric power) turn when turning the key.
I seems as if some sort o circuit breaker cuts of electricity tot everything except the starter motor....

Eventualy it turned out to be a problem with the battery, changed it and now everything's back to normal.

Back