2002-2005 Tbird driver's door check arm replacement

N

Nitpicker

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
On my 2004 Tbird, the "check arm" for driver's door is broken where it attaches to body. This means door "pops" every time it's opened/closed. Want to replace it before it breaks completely, allowing door to swing open to its max. Shop manual shows how to remove/replace and gives part number as "22886." (Photo below) IMG_0659 (Edited).JPG IMG_0659 (Edited).JPG Has anyone replaced on their Bird? Where did you locate the part and cost of it? Thanks!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

On my 2004 Tbird, the "check arm" for driver's door is broken where it attaches to body. This means door "pops" every time it's opened/closed. Want to replace it before it breaks completely, allowing door to swing open to its max. Shop manual shows how to remove/replace and gives part number as "22886." (Photo below) View attachment 4085 View attachment 4085 Has anyone replaced on their Bird? Where did you locate the part and cost of it? Thanks!
The Google search term “2004 thunderbird door check” returns several sources for the part for 14-27 dollars. It’s the same part for 2002-05 cars and both doors. I can’t help with installation. It may require pulling the inside trim panel to install the door side.

The Google search term “2004 thunderbird door check” returns several sources for the part for 14-27 dollars. It’s the same part for 2002-05 cars and both doors. I can’t help with installation. It may require pulling the inside trim panel to install the door side.
Thanks for this info. I have a shop manual and you're correct - the interior door panel must be removed to access the door side of this part.

Back