2002 2003 2004 2005 Ford Thunderbird Borla 140008 & 140081 Cat-Back Exhaust

biddle

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
You can purchase the 140008 Cat-Back Exhaust System for the 2002 Ford Thunderbird
Purchase on Amazon Click Here
Purchase on Ebay Click Here

You can purchase the Borla 140081 Cat-Back System Exhaust for the 2003-2004-2005 ( says 2003 but will fit 2004 & 2005 per this post.
Purchase on Amazon.com Click Here
Purchase on Ebay Click Here

You can read more about this exhaust performance upgrade, and others on this thread- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum...pgrades-2002-2003-2004-2005-thunderbird.5001/

borla1.jpgborla12.jpg

Last edited:
I installed the Borla exhaust on my 2005 TBird and very pleased, Installed in my garage in 3 hrs on jack stands. This Borla exhaust is a must have and very well made I think any one can install this system there self with ease. No cut torch and no welding just that simple.

I installed the Borla exhaust on my 2005 TBird and very pleased, Installed in my garage in 3 hrs on jack stands. This Borla exhaust is a must have and very well made I think any one can install this system there self with ease. No cut torch and no welding just that simple.
I thought maybe I could add something here, but it looks like you guys are on top of it. Have any of you also added the cold air intake??

I thought maybe I could add something here, but it looks like you guys are on top of it. Have any of you also added the cold air intake??
Yes, I have also installed K&N Cold air intake , Very easy install I just added flex aluminum like for a dryer (the heavy duty not with wire) From under the filter to front of car on back side of lower air intake for cold air.BirdEngine1.jpgBirdEngine1.jpg

Yes, I have also installed K&N Cold air intake , Very easy install I just added flex aluminum like for a dryer (the heavy duty not with wire) From under the filter to front of car on back side of lower air intake for cold air.View attachment 13179View attachment 13179
I know it has been a minute since this post. But did you do all the work yourself? I have a 02 and wish I could have as much view to my coil cover ans the 03-05 birds. My question is, did you use a company? I saw that you said you added some chrome to the plastic engine cover. I would love to buy or do it to. My 02, any pointers or directions on where or how I can make it happen?

Thinking of replacing with the Borla Touring and didn't have room to store the factory system etc, does it have any value?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of replacing with the Borla Touring and didn't have room to store the factory system etc, does it have any value?
The problem would be connecting with a buyer who wants it and also the condition of the OEM system. Shipping is also expensive and you would almost certainly need to sell on ebay and pay the seller fees.

So would you just throw it away I assume? Also, it seems the touring is the only thing available. Is this what sounds the best?

Back