1997 thunderbird spoiler led

Status
Not open for further replies.
M
Last seen
I was just wondering if I can buy a new LED strip anywhere, and if I do, do I have to replace the whole spoiler? and also, my check engine light came on, and autozone said it was the EGR valve, which I changed and it's still on. any suggestions? Thanks!!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You don't have to replace the entire spoiler to replace the LED lights. You can get them from this site: http://www.spoilerlights.com/servlet/StoreFront

And for the CE light...you will have to clear your codes to get rid of any codes that are stored in the memory... i.e. EGR. However, you may still have an issue not related to that. I suggest that you invest in a code scanner (relatively cheap) so you can actually pull the codes. The scanner will come with a book that will tell you what the code indicates. Without that, it's just a crap shoot. Come back with a specific code and we can go from there...

I may have the leds that you need. Let me check to see if it was damaged and get back to you. I posted a thread parting out whats left of my 97 so if you need anything else just e-mail. Thanks, Chris.

led strip installed, but not working...

I was just wondering if I can buy a new LED strip anywhere, and if I do, do I have to replace the whole spoiler? and also, my check engine light came on, and autozone said it was the EGR valve, which I changed and it's still on. any suggestions? Thanks!!

ok, so I got the new led strip, hooked it up and nothing. checked the fuses, but nothing was blown. is there some sort of relay somewhere for the strip? I did get it hooked up, but now it blinks when I turn my left blinker on...can anyone say GHETTO!? lol...but my whole thing about this is, I paid almost 60 bux with shipping on this thing, so it's GONNA work..haha

The best place to wire it into would be the 3rd brake light, not either of the tail lights. That is why it blinks now. You wired it into the blinker wire, instead of the brake wire... No big deal there. It's just a matter of finding the correct wire. If you wire it into the 3rd brake light, then you know that it will only come on when the brake lights are on.

The best place to wire it into would be the 3rd brake light, not either of the tail lights. That is why it blinks now. You wired it into the blinker wire, instead of the brake wire... No big deal there. It's just a matter of finding the correct wire. If you wire it into the 3rd brake light, then you know that it will only come on when the brake lights are on.

is there an extra wire for the third light inside on the rear deck where the 3rd light would be on one without the spoiler? cuz my car doesn't have the third light on the inside, it only has it on the spoiler...

hey what motor do u have in your t-bird i had the same problem with my 95 and it has a 4.6 for a motor and if yours has the 4.6 in it or even 3.8 i can point you in the right direction with that DTC.

hey what motor do u have in your t-bird i had the same problem with my 95 and it has a 4.6 for a motor and if yours has the 4.6 in it or even 3.8 i can point you in the right direction with that DTC.

sorry I never saw this post, but I do have the 4.6...now I'm having another problem, but I'm pretty sure it's just cuz I need to replace the spark plugs/wires...a friend tells me there isn't a distributor cap, but instead a rotor button?

I may have the leds that you need. Let me check to see if it was damaged and get back to you. I posted a thread parting out whats left of my 97 so if you need anything else just e-mail. Thanks, Chris.

do you still have the light? I need one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back