1997 Code P0155 & P0161 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1997 Code P0155 & P0161

chonk melonk

chonk melonk

Click here to upgrade
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Ive got a bit of a situation here. I just bought this beaut a couple weeks ago and was told it was throwing a cat code. To say the least this was not what I was expecting. Ontop of these codes i had a few others that I managed to clear with system cleaners and a bit of j-rigging. But this one refuses to go away. I saw a simmilar post saying it could be a ground issue, I'm going to verify that asap. In the meantime I figured id start a new thread for anyone who might be experiencing a simmilar issue. Or anyone who might have some insight on the matter.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Yes, they ground through the PCM. The engine harness carries the front O2s to the PCM via the bulkhead connector on the passenger side and the rear O2s go through the transmission harness under the dash.

As you said, someone reported a P0155 and P0135 simultaneously from a short in the harness behind the intake. Those both share the same harness. As you probably already know it can also be from a failing computer. EEC

Yes, they ground through the PCM. The engine harness carries the front O2s to the PCM via the bulkhead connector on the passenger side and the rear O2s go through the transmission harness under the dash.

As you said, someone reported a P0155 and P0135 simultaneously from a short in the harness behind the intake. Those both share the same harness. As you probably already know it can also be from a failing computer. EEC
I see. If that is the case, what would be the better option? Replacing the ECU, or dummy sensors and an AFR tune? Down the road I am planning on deleting EGR and cats, so I suppose if there is a way I can go without throwing code, I might as well attempt the latter.

Back