1995 OBDI or OBDII?

K
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I would like to know if anyone knows if 95 Thunderbird has OBD 1 or OBD 2 connector? Found connector under passenger side dash/Glove box but can not find a discription anywhere on the net to show if it is 1 or 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on a Google search, the 1995 V-8 Thunderbird has the OBDII system and it's located under the dashboard on the passenger side. Note that apparently the 1995 V-6 model had an OBDI system. The V-8 model had the OBDII system. Overall the OBDII system wasn't universally installed on cars until the 1996 model year.

My 1996 T-bird has the trunk spoiler. If you can't find a template, I might be able to give you some rough measurements for locating it.

Last edited:
Based on a Google search, the 1995 V-8 Thunderbird has the OBDII system and it's located under the dashboard on the passenger side. Note that apparently the 1995 V-6 model had an OBDI system. The V-8 model had the OBDII system. Overall the OBDII system wasn't universally installed on cars until the 1996 model year.

My 1996 T-bird has the trunk spoiler. If you can't find a template, I might be able to give you some rough measurements for locating it.
I have a plug in spot on the passenger side under the dash but it isn't an OBDll system, not sure what it is, here are a couple of pictures. Its called a data link.
The measurements should help, so far only guessing.

Forgot the pictures

DSCN0089.JPGDSCN0091.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
16 pin is OBDII. The 1995 4.6L Thunderbird is an OBD2 vehicle and the connector is under the dash on the passenger side.

OBDI connectors only have 12 pins so the one above with 16 pins is OBDII

Last edited:

Here is a reference for locating the trunk spoiler. The longitudinal distance from the front of the trunk lid to the front of the two outer spoiler supports is 15-5/8". The two outer supports have two studs each. The center support has one stud. For the two outer supports it is necessary to cut holes in the trunk lid support for access to the nuts which to onto the studs. Some reference pictures are attached.

Attachments

• T-Bird - C.jpg
    T-Bird - C.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
  • T-Bird - D.jpg
    T-Bird - D.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
  • T-Bird - F.jpg
    T-Bird - F.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
Thanks, this was the first info I have received on the spoiler. I removed from a wreck at the salvage and like a dummy forgot to take any kind of measurements.
So this helps greatly.

Back