1995 Need tail light help!

95bird
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi y’all! I have a problem that I am desperately trying to fix! I have a 1995 LX V8. The tail lights, front running lights, gauge cluster, and license plate illumination lights do not work. The headlights work, as do brake lights. I have checked bulbs, fuses, and dash dimmer wheel switch, and all seem to be fine. I need to drive the car to work and with winter coming and shorter days, I don’t want to risk driving after dark for safety and ticket reasons. I unfortunately do not have extra money to take to a shop. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! I am desperate!

thank you,
Bryan

Hi y’all! I have a problem that I am desperately trying to fix! I have a 1995 LX V8. The tail lights, front running lights, gauge cluster, and license plate illumination lights do not work. The headlights work, as do brake lights. I have checked bulbs, fuses, and dash dimmer wheel switch, and all seem to be fine. I need to drive the car to work and with winter coming and shorter days, I don’t want to risk driving after dark for safety and ticket reasons. I unfortunately do not have extra money to take to a shop. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! I am desperate!

thank you,
Bryan
If you haven't already, I would first replace the 10 amp fuse, even if it appears to be okay. This fuse is located under the instrument panel, left of the steering column. I've attached a pdf providing the locations and information for all the fuses, under hood and under dash fuses. Go to page 9 or 10 to see the fuse locations for your under dash. I will look at my repair manual to see if I can find any other info. Good luck.
View attachment fuses.pdf

If you haven't already, I would first replace the 10 amp fuse, even if it appears to be okay. This fuse is located under the instrument panel, left of the steering column. I've attached a pdf providing the locations and information for all the fuses, under hood and under dash fuses. Go to page 9 or 10 to see the fuse locations for your under dash. I will look at my repair manual to see if I can find any other info. Good luck.
View attachment 9467
Thank you so much for the reply! Any help Ian appreciated!

I looked at the repair manual. The only other suggestion I have is to check all your ground wires, because these are very important on all vehicles today. You will just need to look for the ground wire connections at the body or frame ground locations. They are usually green in color. and also look for corrosion at those locations. If you see corrosion, remove the screw and lug, clean up and reinstall.

Also, when you find the ground lugs, its always a good idea to remove and add a new star washer, placed between the wire lug and the frame and reinstall. Star washers provide a good connection to the body and frame that provides a better connection with metal.

I know it's been a while since you posted this but any kind of part wise tbsc shop is a website that specializes in Thunderbird and Mercury vehicles.
I see a lot of good stuff on there but the kicker is its a lot more expensive to buy from them than it is to get one off of a car at an auto recycle lot if you have the luck of finding one.

Back