1992 wheel system issue

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
JordanBlueAstro

JordanBlueAstro

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey everyone, new here and cool forum y’all got here. I personally do not own this vehicle, it’s a friends. He’s an elder and doesn’t really know vehicles like that…at all. Lol so I help him out to try and save him money by not going to shops. He has a 1992, really nice clean and starts and runs very well. He let me drive it but when I took it out I started out slow and when I accelerated I heard this “rumbling” from the driver side tire area. The tire is inflated correctly and the rim looked fine. He told me the spring in the back was bad but that doesn’t explain the front noise. So any help would be great! I haven’t got it up I’m the air yet but hopefully next weekend off I can get it taken apart.

Probably needs a wheel bearing.

I'd be thinking lower ball joint, I always decribed lower ball joint noise as a moaning or groaning like metal to metal grinding noise, they mostly sound off during turning BUT can sound off over bumps or even throttling up.....If the car is over 70-80K probably needs balls joints.......on my '95, I'm at 140K on the clock, and just put in my 3rd upper and lower joints......of coarse it's upper control arm replacement to fix upper joint and the lower joint just gets pressed in......

Back