1991 wheel fitment problem.

levi3410
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 1991 ford Thunderbird with the original 15'' wheels on it. I have been trying to find a set of chrome wheels that have the cragar ss style or the American racing torq thrust 2's but cannot find wheels with the 5x4.25 bolt pattern any recommendations or ideas?(i would like to stick to 15" inch but will go to sixteens) Thank you.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I've always run 16 inch wheels on all of my T-Birds didn't know they came in 15's

Where did you get them? I don't have a problem with the height i just need to find rims with the right bolt pattern. What kind do you have? My bolt pattern is 5 bolt by 4.25.

I have the Super coupe T-Bird's most have the original wheels except two I'd have to look and see what manufac of the other two but the SC wheels will fit it and they look good get a lot of compliments on them

Okay do you have any idea what kind they are? I'm 16 and just want something that will look sharp with white letter tires and the black body color.

The pattern is 5x4.25. I have a set of 16" chrome wheels off a 96 Cougar that fit my 91. Don't have them mounted yet but did a fitment check. You can look at OEMRIMS-COMPANY on ebay as that is where I found mine. Decent price, nice wheel and great customer service. I will load pics when I get them mounted. I did find various places that carry either 15" or 16" on the web. Good luck

Hope to mount them this month but right now I am having trouble finding center caps that fit! If I can't find a cap that suites me I will need to return the wheels. They are Cougar wheels and it's hard to find caps that will work. I'll keep you posted. Check out "Tourin TR3 Wheels" They come in 15x7" and fit Tbirds. I think they also make a 16" rim. Nice looking wheel.

Thanks! Yes I checked out the company on eBay and I found the same wheels I have but chrome and I would have most likely bought them if they had center caps! Thanks for the advice and for keeping me posted! If you do find center caps and get them mounted please let me know! Also, can you let me know where you found the Tourin Tr3's that fit?

Thanks! as I was searching for the Touren wheels you told me about I found a site called discountedwheelswarehouse.com and found these wheels and with shipping they will be about $650 dollars ($66 shipping) I really like them do you think it's a good deal? I'm deciding on them and do you have any suggestions on getting red caliper covers or painting them?
350350000Platinum-436-Gemini-C.jpg

Lip Size Information

Platinum Wheels 436-Gemini 16x7 Chrome

Thanks! as I was searching for the Touren wheels you told me about I found a site called discountedwheelswarehouse.com and found these wheels and with shipping they will be about $650 dollars ($66 shipping) I really like them do you think it's a good deal? I'm deciding on them and do you have any suggestions on getting red caliper covers or painting them?
Nice looking wheels. Price sounds in line with other chrome wheels I have seen. I am returning the wheels I have from ebay. I was not able to find caps that suit. I thought I had a line on some but the one I tried did not fit. Oh well, live and learn. I may go for the Tourens or look at these. The tourens are polished and black, and around $500. I prefer the chrome ones however so we will see. Post pictures when you get these on the car.
Lip Size Information

Lip Size Information

Lip Size Information

Lip Size Information

Thanks! Yes I checked out the company on eBay and I found the same wheels I have but chrome and I would have most likely bought them if they had center caps! Thanks for the advice and for keeping me posted! If you do find center caps and get them mounted please let me know! Also, can you let me know where you found the Tourin Tr3's that fit?

I have a 1991 ford Thunderbird with the original 15'' wheels on it. I have been trying to find a set of chrome wheels that have the cragar ss style or the American racing torq thrust 2's but cannot find wheels with the 5x4.25 bolt pattern any recommendations or ideas?(i would like to stick to 15" inch but will go to sixteens) Thank you.
Levi, you may have to do as I did, adapters from 5x 41/4 to 5 x 4 1/2. I didn't want to spend a fortune, so I got 2014 17's off a Fusion . I have 12 inch on rear and 11's on front. They look good with the totally custom 49 t-bird??? Kit.

Back